some ideas and random thought streams. nothing more than me being bored and having the ability to post. i try to keep it simple. not much politics nor religion.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Totally Awkward Tuesday 1

I wish that I could take credit for this, yet I stole it/jumped on the bandwagon over at Tova Darlings pad.  Here is the idea, I will write an awkward story (shouldn't be hard to come up with one) and so will lots of people who read her blog.  If you want to have some people to share the awkwardness with head over HERE and check out all the links to the awkward stories.

Let me begin.  

I will start of in high school, where most awkwardness stems from.  My brother was a bit of a stud (there I said it), well, he was three years older than me.  This in turn meant that he knew older, more mature, more experienced ladies.  If I had to guess at my age I would put it around 13 or 14.  At some point my brother and I went on an afternoon excursion to run some errands - translation, get in some trouble.  I am not exactly sure where we went first, yet I do know that we ended up at one of his friends houses who happens to be a female.  I was 13ish which probably puts her at 16 or 17, and mature (if you catch my drift).  From the moment we got there I was taken by her beauty.  I remember thinking to myself that I know my brother could never have dated her, no way she was out of his league.   

My brother left the room for a few minutes and I remember being somewhat nervous as the two of us sat there in conversation.  I think she was talking and I was attempting to not look like I was looking at her boobs.  I think Journey was playing in the background.  I am getting a little out of breath as I type this.. She looks me square in the eyes and says give me a kiss.  I freeze!  Frozen.  I had a million thoughts go through my mind, seriously, wow, no way, its gonna happen, holy ba jeezes... she must have noticed the shocked look on my face, as she said... 

"They are right behind you on the counter".  A herseys kiss.  A bowl full of hersey kisses.  Awkward.  I sat there in silence, palms sweaty, and all those other things that go on for 13 year olds.   At this point I really think that she knew what she was doing.  She knew that she was playing with my heart.  Mean just plan and simple mean.  I had to walk home with my brother who explained to me that he was in fact dating her.  ugh.  

There is totally awkward Tuesday number 1.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! She totally did know what she was doing. Geez!

Morgan the Muse said...

Oh man. I totally was expecting that she was just singing along to the lyrics. But I agree, she knew.

Moi said...

Oh no! That is terrible.

*Kelly Marie* said...

haha! oh my goodness... yeah... she totally had you wrapped around her finger! poor guy!

Annelie said...

She totally knew! Wow...