some ideas and random thought streams. nothing more than me being bored and having the ability to post. i try to keep it simple. not much politics nor religion.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Interview, things to remember

The day has come for the big, oops sorry- THE BIG INTERVIEW. If I said I wasn't a bit nervous/excited I would not be telling the truth. I really want this new job which will hopefully turn into my adult career. Only time will tell, and I actually enjoy the interview process. I do however need to make my mental list of things to do:

Think fast and talk slow
- not too fast that I don't understand.
-not too slow that it seems I have a problem
Wear a suit
Brush my hair
Brush my teeth
Bring a mint
- get rid of mint before interview starts
Bring multiple copies of resume
-good clean copies on beautiful paper
Wear matching socks and belt
Be early, but not obscenely early
Be awake
-one redbull awake
- 2 redbull would be like crackhead awake
Shake hands firm
Hold your eyes when you shake hands
Don't fidgit
Turn cell off
Focus focus focus
If they have music on don't sing or dance
Pee before the interview
Smile cause you have earned this job

And last... Don't tell them that you hate the effing job that you are at, due to the fact that middle management is a bunch of effing stupid ignorant pricks that don't understand that communication is the backbone to a thriving company. Just smile and say my tenure there was great, yet it is time to move on.

Any other tips please pass them along. Help is accepted with a smile.

Sent via BlackBerry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you go through a very semsible list of things which brings you onto your last point: "Don't tell them that you hate the effing job that you are at, due to the fact that middle management is a bunch of effing stupid ignorant pricks that don't understand that communication is the backbone to a thriving company. Just smile and say my tenure there was great, yet it is time to move on."

I have been told it's always good to ahve a question up your sleeve to ask if they ask you at the end if you have any questions...but don't make it "So do I get the job then?". That's callled shooting yourself in the foot.

Jess said...

Thanks for the list! I am currently half-heartedly seeking new employment and I've always hated interviews.
I have to say, after an interview I just know I did really poorly at, I would love to say something about middle management being effing stupid ignorant pricks, just to see the reaction I would get.
Good luck with YOUR interview. It sounds like you're well prepared!!

Laura said...

peeing before the interview is great advice. The worst is when you get nervous AND you have to pee.

Unknown said...

Good luck!!! Augh, I hate interviews.