some ideas and random thought streams. nothing more than me being bored and having the ability to post. i try to keep it simple. not much politics nor religion.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Let's chat about work..

I am in sales. I am a salesperson. Some people seem to look down on that, as if to think that sales people all have some dirty tricks up their sleeve. I have run the entire road of selling stuff. I have sold services to people, as in dj and catering add on some props, prizes, dancers (party enhancers, people to help kids and adults know what they are doing on the dance floor), singers, lights you name it and we could add it on. I have sold major construction as in inground concrete pools, I have sold weight loss programs. Big ticket items and little ticket items. Short pipelines and longer pipelines. Now I sell something to companies that need what I sell. They either need it from me or a handful of other companies. I work my butt off, day in and day out. I do the majority of sales over the phone. I get to work at 8am and hit the phones till 5pm. I work on commission, a small salary and a big cup of put up or shut up. I talked to a lady who made a stupid decision yesterday and I calmly explained to her how she made a mistake and why she made it, and she said I am not going to talk to some sales person about this. I just laughed and she hung up on me. I thought to myself that I would love to see that lady work a job that was performance based. I know people say that all jobs are performance based, yet selling with incentives is the top of the line the most risk and the most reward. My point is this economy stinks so get out there and hug a sales person today.
Sent via BlackBerry

3 comments:

Jess said...

Good for you, seriously. My Dad was an insurance salesman for many, many years and he worked quite hard to accomplish a heck of a lot. Nothing but respect for salespeople because I don't think it's a job that everyone can do. My problem is - I take everything so personally. If someone didn't want to buy whatever product I was selling, it would frustrate me. The lady laughing at me probably would have made me want to cry. I'm sort of sensitive like that.

Anonymous said...

Salespeople work so hard. I could never do that job. If I heard one ounce of rejection, I would be upset. Good job for working so hard.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.