some ideas and random thought streams. nothing more than me being bored and having the ability to post. i try to keep it simple. not much politics nor religion.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Can't believe I did it.

I hate the haircuttery near me and uncle G my haircut man left me hanging last time he was home. Here I am at great clips! Wifey usually cuts my hair when I can't get uncle G in enough time, just things have been so hectic lately that I am getting great clipped. Hey, I will try anything once and if you read my last two posts about the haircuttery I almost went postal last time. Here I go..... Wait, I am skeered. I sure wish hairdizzer was in my area (and I wish I could link to her blog, new blog). And were offffff....

Not a bad cut, yet the lady really didn't speak great english and when I asked for a number 6 clip on top she said ' 4 ' no mam a 6, ok we do a 4, nope a 6.... Let's just use the 6 and call it a day, ok a 6... Whew that was tough, she did a really great job, yet I did miss the haircut banter that usualy goes on when people speak the same language. Can't win em all I guess. Everything went pretty smooth until I gave her my coupon from super cuts, I was in great clips and working a super cuts coupon for 3 bucks off (the economy is tough, yall). She said that, they honor, but she had to get the manager. This is where I told her not to worry about it, and she was going all crazy to make sure I got my coupon. The manager was at the pizza place next door, yet my lady went and got her. I love when people go the extra mile, but I wanted to get home and spend some time with the beans. Of course the manager couldn't figure out the codes for a supercut coupon. I had to explain to the lady that I knew it was a coupon from another company. In the end I got the 3 bucks off, another $2 coupon and the promise of more coupons in the mail. I am going to be couponed out for crazy clips for the next year, so I certainly understand if you guys flood my in box wanting to be friends with me.
Sent via BlackBerry

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's good that you got to use the coupon! I love my hairdresser. We have a lot of friendly banter.

Jen Randall said...

Men's hair cuts are so cheap I never knew they did coupons for them! If only they offered ones for girls!! x

Moi said...

okay - you have just made me a little nervous to use a coupon at my stylist that I got in the mail...
glad your hair worked out ok

Anonymous said...

hehehe.. I'm sorry I'm not closer to you! and wow... you must have some pretty big you-know-whats to have braved a great clips or super cuts or wherever you were lol. What is the issue you're having linking to my blog? Is it something I can fix?

Anonymous said...

I bought a pair of clippers just over a year ago, and I've not paid for a haircut since.

I've also gotten pretty good at blending from a three on the top to completely shaved on the sides and back. The only downsides are that it takes tricky mirror work and it makes a mess.