some ideas and random thought streams. nothing more than me being bored and having the ability to post. i try to keep it simple. not much politics nor religion.

Friday, March 6, 2009

BBQ season

Not sure when bbq season starts for most people, yet at pjs house it never ends. Wifey is an extraordinary cook, and I try to assist by grilling to give her some nights off. Over the past few years, since our last move and since we now have a big back yard with space to grill, I have taken over some of the responsibilities of cooking. I have been improving my skills over time and yes I have a gas grill which some serious grillers frown upon.. This year will be different as I now have a little charcoal grill as well. My mission is to learn how to smoke things. A little bbqed smoke salmon will surely raise my status. Last night just some easy chicken, sweet potatoe slices, and some grilled mushrooms. The tough part is being able to gage when the meat is done when you can't see it, and getting my area shoveled from the snow. Daylight savings time starts on sunday, and that will at least help with my visibility. Happy friday!
Sent via BlackBerry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm BBQ! Sounds good.

Jess said...

I love BBQ. I don't have one at my place, which is so sad. That means anytime I go visit my parents, I get my Dad to grill me up a steak. Everything just tastes better on a bbq.