some ideas and random thought streams. nothing more than me being bored and having the ability to post. i try to keep it simple. not much politics nor religion.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Sales is like...

Dating. As the guy, I call and call and call until you finally answer. Then I set up a date. We go out and it is awesome, it seems like a great fit, us together. I even ask you if you had a good time and you say yes. We even get as far as setting up a future call, and swap emails. And then I never hear from you again. I call, I email, maybe I come on too strong, yet I know all the other boys are doing the same. I think I have the best car, the best sound system, and all that shit. I might be a little more money, yet baby it is worth it. My service is second to none. So, why don't you call me back. I know you are busy, I know work is crazy and your mom is on your case, your finishing up some school work, washing your hair. Basically, doing your thing. I know some other guys call, and hey maybe they even take you to the movies, dinner, coffee, whatever it is, I am curious why you don't call me back to chat. A month passes with my emails and calls falling on deaf ears. And then one late night or early morning you send an emal, saying that this isn't going to work out between us, that you like me and appreciate all that I have done for you, you received my emails and voicemails, yet you have already commited to another, you already signed on the dotted line. Your leaving me, but I can keep in touch over the years in case the new guy slips up. I ask for more info to help me become a better person, to help me better myself, to please give me some information, again deaf ears. I can't believe she just broke up with me via email! What a punk. Seriously, did our relationship not warrant a phone call? Did I mean that little to you? Are you not a grown up? This makes me think you are kind of weak and it makes me sad. I would have done anything for you, and now we will never know. Don't call me when he is not good enough for you.... Um wait, please call me. I really could use another date, I could use another long term relationship.

TGIF
Sent via BlackBerry

3 comments:

Adriana said...

LMAO! I too feel your pain. There have been a couple of times where I decided to go with a different rep (we changed insurance reps within the same company and real estate rep..luckily before we signed a contract) and it was worse than a break up. Not only did they call but their boss called too. All I have to say is don't tell me that maybe you should speak to my husband about it cause I make the decisions and nothing will lose you our business faster :)

Anonymous said...

LOL That was great! I love this post! With this, you have to be a great salesman!

Jess said...

Good one, PJ. It's for reasons like this that I don't think I could ever get into sales (but I admire people that are able to do it. Like you!! Yes that's right - I admire you.)