some ideas and random thought streams. nothing more than me being bored and having the ability to post. i try to keep it simple. not much politics nor religion.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Its tricky...

I remember dropping her off at her house one night, I walked her to the door and she said that maybe this isn't working out. That it is all going a bit too fast. I heard the words that she was saying, I understood what she was saying. I was reading what she was writing, feeling the beats she was throwig down, I was catching the drift of what she wanted to say, I just really didn't believe her. Her eyes told a different story than the words she was speaking. I told her that I understood that she was in a really serious relationship and that we the ' us ' was moving just a bit too fast. I told her to take all the time that she needs, and that I will wait as long as it takes. I remember walking away from her house and to my truck, I was thinking that it sucks that we just kinda broke up or whatever just went down. Then a smile came over my face and I was happy that she liked me so much that she was scared or nervous. I knew we were getting pretty serious pretty fast, and I was comfortable with that. I gave her a day before I called and asked her to go to the movies and set up another date. She agreed. I had a good feeling about where we were going and how we were getting there. Another few weeks and it happens again. Christmas eve she put the breaks on, once again we were moving too fast. Yes, Christmas eve, you heard it right. Telling this story I have left out all of the million things that led me to believe that we would be together. When we talked our eyes would lock, the last phone call of the night, the sweet little things that we said that no one elese had, sweet and don't, mtyk, our early morning talks at 4:40am on our way to the gym. Sure she slowed things down or broke up with me twice, yet that was because she knew what I knew, she felt it, as did I. I will always stand by the fact that the second slow down never really happened as we were on the sofa watching a movie (making out) while she was saying it, so that holds no ground. Within a year we were engaged, and married within a year of being engaged. Now 4 years and a beans later we are stronger than ever and looking forward to forever.
Sent via BlackBerry

2 comments:

Jess said...

I love it. Sometimes you have to take time to sort things out, but if it's meant to be - it will work out the way it's supposed to. I'm so happy you shared this story!!

Anonymous said...

What a great story!